Safety, occupational health, quality and environment policy
Aware of the dangers, aspects and requirements inherent to our activities, EnorChile S.A. has established this Policy with the purpose of defining the general guidelines on Safety, Occupational Health, Environment and Quality, which applies to all areas, processes and activities of the company, as well as to those carried out by its external collaborators in relation to the Company.
EnorChile S.A., hereinafter the “Company”, is a company with more than 15 years of experience in the Chilean electricity market, which focuses its activity in the supply of electricity within the national territory to free customers in the industrial and mining sector, as well as in the operation and management of its own and third party assets.
Aware of the dangers, aspects and requirements inherent in our activities, we have established this Policy with the purpose of Defining the general guidelines in Safety, Occupational Health, Environment and Quality, which applies to all areas, processes and activities of the company, as well as those carried out by its external collaborators in relation to the Company.
1 BASIC PRINCIPLES:
- To comply with the requirements of current legislation in matters of quality, environment, safety and occupational health, and the commitments that have been voluntarily acquired and related to the standards of the Environmental Management System, Safety and Occupational Health in addition to those associated with our services.
- No production target or operational emergency justifies exposure to uncontrolled occupational health and safety risks.
- Identify, evaluate and control risks related to the activity, in order to prevent injuries, accidents and/or illnesses, implementing adequate measures to eliminate hazards and reduce risks to which personnel are exposed.
– Identify, evaluate and manage the environmental aspects related to
our activities, implementing appropriate measures to prevent, mitigate, minimize and/or compensate environmental impacts, in order to protect the environment.
- Promote among our collaborators and employees the reduction and efficient use of natural resources through the use of industrial and other by-products, such as raw materials and alternative fuels.
- To comply with all our contractual commitments in a timely manner and with excellence in the quality of information.
- Maintain constant updating of processes and technical capabilities of our employees in search of continuous improvement that allows an effective and efficient management in daily performance.
- Apply continuous improvement in the performance of the management system, ensuring the mitigation and correction of adverse effects derived from the processes of our projects and investments.
- To educate, train and sensitize the company’s personnel in technical matters as well as in safety, occupational health and environmental issues that affect them, promoting optimal work and encouraging respect and participation in the compliance and application of these standards during the development of their activities.
- Respond proactively to the consultation and participation of workers, ensuring their full involvement in the processes.
- Maintain an open dialogue with all interested parties that could be affected by the impact of our activities on the environment.
“Think sustainable energy”